Calling all Lorelai fanatics! The latest book from this Gilmore Girl is an extension of a commencement speech that she gave at her hometown high school. This pint-sized book is packed with advice and humor, making it a perfect gift for grads or anyone embarking on a new phase of life. Think of it as a grown up version of Oh the Places You’ll Go. You can read it in less than an hour and revisit it whenever you need a morale boost. I thought that instead of reviewing this little book (It’s great!), I thought I’d share a few of my favorite quotes and passages instead. I always love books that are filled with pearls of wisdom, so here goes!
- What they hadn’t paid for was to see me worried that I wasn’t living up to my own idea of who I was supposed to be.
- Once I stopped worrying so much about please others, once I decided to let myself off the hook, I realized I could fly.
- Like clouds on an overcast day, sometimes we have to face the fact that what happens to us in life isn’t controllable, and if we wait a while, don’t take it personally, and decide to enjoy ourselves anyway, the sky will eventually clear up.
- The “success” parts of life look good to others, but the best parts are actually the simple, daily experiences.
- Treat every day like you’re starring in it.
- Love yourself, and what you’re doing, even if you’re not yet at the place you hope to land.
In conclusion (see what I did there?), I just love Lauren Graham and I thought this book was delightful. Sometimes the books you need the most come in the smallest packages. The pastel color design on this book go perfectly with a spring wardrobe. That is, if Spring ever arrives to stay in Chicago. I’ve paired the colorful cover with a striped tank blouse from Banana Republic that I am in love with and my favorite pair of white jeans and spring heels from DSW. Everything about this book and look make me happy and ready for warm, sunny days.
Happy Reading! xo, Amy